ynai.com - Forum
April 23, 2014, 06:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help The Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pohutukawa Bay Beach - Auckland NZ  (Read 2377 times)
wee triangle
Topfree Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Leo

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »

Hi all,

I made a trip to Pohutukawa Bay Beach in Auckland today.  It's beautiful down there, secluded and surrounded by sand cliffs and lots of Pohutukawa trees hanging over the beach for convenient shade.  The weather wasn't amazing but it was still pleasant.  It was a bit of a sausage fest though, the only lady there was in a bikini next to her nude husband but that's fair enough.  I also felt considerably younger than the average but I don't think that problem is unique to this beach.

It's was a great choice for my first time on a nude beach and I'm sure now I'll be making repeat visits.  I feel silly now for waiting so long to do it.  It wasn't scary or intimidating at all.  Other beach goers cast an eye over ocasionally but no more than any other beach.  The beach was sparsely packed so there was no need to lie down too close to anyone else, in fact I was at least 10m away from any others and I was in the middle of the beach.  NZ is very lucky to have beaches like this.

Pohutukawa Bay gets the big thumbs up from me.
cc
Bare Bunzed

New Zealand New Zealand

Gemini

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »

Whereabouts in Auckland is Pohutukawa Bay?
wee triangle
Topfree Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Leo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »

It's on the north shore, next to Long Bay.
cc
Bare Bunzed

New Zealand New Zealand

Gemini

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »

Thanks, it sounds well worth checking out.

BTW to change the subject, do you know anything about a Young Naturist's Society that another member kiwi is setting up? He mentioned it back in July and I tried to contact him expressing interest but I couldn't get hold of him.
grahambell
100% Nude & Natural

Spain Spain

Capricorn

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »

Your report about the experiences is very nice. I do envy you for having such an opportunity to enjoy that bay
wee triangle
Topfree Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Leo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 03:50:37 AM »

I got to spend a few hours back at Pohutukawa Bay both days this weekend. It's such a lovely place with the sand cliffs and the Pohutukawa trees. There was a good mixture of people both days but still enough beach that you can keep discretely by yourself if you wish. The entry to the water is a little rocky so it's slow and dignified entries and exits from the water if you want to avoid cutting your feet.

The water is starting to chill off now as summer wanes but it's still nice to take a dip to cool off from the sun. Now I'm wondering why it took until now to work up the courage to go there. I could have been enjoying the whole summer there.
freenz
Newbie Nudie

New Zealand New Zealand

Libra

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 06:10:55 AM »

Yeah I only just discovered Pohutukawa Bay in February myself - just when it was about to get cold again.  Such a great beach with the view out over the islands and having the shady trees along the beach is perfect.

Just a warning though, some of the other beaches around town are not so good - they often consist of a lot of old guys that seem to feel the need to constantly wander up and down strutting their old stuff and blatantly having a perv.  Not really sure why they do this as it just creeps people out and stops them going there. If they would just sit in one place & go for an occasional swim as normal people do at the beach then you'd probably get a whole lot more people going along.

Sorry, rant over. Yip, Pohutukawa Bay is great, you'll probably see me there next summer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: