ynai.com - Forum
August 21, 2014, 04:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help The Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naked in the backyard  (Read 4878 times)
AndrewH
historybuff
Socially Nude and Natural

United States United States

Scorpio

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:32:03 AM »

So it's officially spring! The temperature's warming up, and I can't wait to resume my routine of exercising and then skinny dipping in the pool afterward. Since I can't always make it down to a resort, I'd like to spend more time naked outside in my backyard, but I'm worried that people might see me. Our stone fence is about six feet tall (maybe a little under), but I have a LARGE, open backyard. Over one fence is our neighbors' two-story house, but it's not hard to move out of their view. But then there is a street at the opposite fence. I live right near an intersection of a busy street, and I'm pretty sure that buses and trucks driving through our neighborhood can see down into our yard. We do have lots of plants in our yard where I might be able to shield myself, but I don't know how much good that would do given the amount of open space. What are your thoughts? Can you think of anything else I could do or am I restricted to night-time lounging sessions?

"A naked man fears no pickpocket."
Krissy16

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »

We use our backyard nude a lot and it's probably the best place for us to be nude outside, other than our club.  But, my parents were very careful in looking for a house (years ago) that had a very private backyard and a pool (a more rare thing in Denver).  With the walls, bushes, etc., around our yard, it is totally private, so has never been a problem except for the neighbors on the south of us who would look over the wall from time to time... But they know we're nudists now and have been known to join us, so it's no big deal any more...

I guess my advice would be that your backyard is a really great place for you to be nude too, but do be really careful about people being able to "see in"... Maybe you could scout out places where you'd be completely hidden, eventhough it was daytime, and then you could just use those places nude during the day, but could still use as much of the yard as you wanted after dark... I think you basically need to make sure that no one can see you from any "normal" vantage point... If they make a point of piering through a fence or looking over a wall, etc., that's not exactly you're fault...

Just my 2 cents... Smiley
AndrewH
historybuff

Scorpio

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:30:55 AM »

Thanks Krissy

We do have quite a few trees and plants in our yard. Actually earlier today I was looking at places where maybe I could drape some towels or set up some sort of a screem, where I could be shielded from view of the outside and the view of my parents house.

Dave_bpRnR
Dave
Topfree Member

Aries

Nudist 4 Life

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:54:23 AM »

I've had the nearly the same prob since we've moved into the house we're in now which has a privacy fence.
When I walk out on my back porch I can see the neighbor's front porch diagonally to the left plain as day, in turn,
they can say mine as well. Also this two story house across the street, but when i go down the steps a bit the
view is blocked by the fence from the neighbors and the two story house by a tree in their yard.

So I finally decided that I would wear my robe out until I got off the porch and throw in on the steps for some
sunbathing alone or with my wife when ever possible. The plus is that with a privacy fence if they do see something
that disturbs them they can know not to look so closely next time! But I do go with the robe out into the grass
for good measure since public nudity is illegal in Arkansas banghead  yawn.

And about this Spring weather!!! I wonder if I'm in the only
region that has seen sonw on the first two days of Spring! 
 eye  dontgetit

Bla, whatever
AndrewH
historybuff

Scorpio

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 02:04:52 AM »

And about this Spring weather!!! I wonder if I'm in the only
region that has seen sonw on the first two days of Spring!

I know! And we live in Arizona, but so far this year it's been raining more than I've ever seen!

Snow storms, earthquakes, rain storms . . . I'm telling you, it's "The Day After Tomorrow" made manifest!  Shocked

blober07
Nude

Aquarius

Portland rocks - no sales tax!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:47:11 AM »

If you're worried about the passing busses/cars, try driving by your house as they would and check for areas that they would be able to see.  Odds are there will be a few spots that are obstructed from their view.  Then once you have a spot, the only thing to worry about is how to keep out of the shade!

I'm actually looking to buy a house pretty soon here, and one of my criteria has been the size/amount of privacy in the back yard for the same purpose you mentioned.  A lot of the houses I have seen tend to have small backyards with close neighbors, which I am generally trying to avoid.  Something with a large, fenced back yard with single-level neighbors would be ideal.
AndrewH
historybuff

Scorpio

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 04:33:11 AM »

I also have this tent that I've had for ages. I got it when I was little and I mostly used it as my own secret clubhouse, but we never go camping, so it's been sitting in my closet for years. Now I'm thinking about setting it up outside on the cool deck by our pool and having my own little nude retreat right in our backyard.

IslandSteveZ
Running through life like my hair was on fire

Pisces

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »

Krissy was pretty much correct. As far as I understand things, as long as you have taken reasonable precautions to keep others from accidentally seeing you then there is no law against being nude on your own property. In other words, if they have to go out of their way to see you then it's their problem not yours. The trick is defining what qualifies as reasonable precautions. I would guess that a 6 foot wall and bushes/trees around your property that would require someone to either climb or peer through branches in order to see you would qualify. What it ultimately boils down to though is your own comfort. If you feel like you might be seen and you aren't comfortable with it then limit your swims to night time and find other isolated spots in the yard for your day time activities. 
DragonSoldier07
Supreme Youth Naturist Forum Leader

Leo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »

I agree with the above responses, the Naturist Action Committee (NAC) has a website that has all the state laws regarding nudity.  I know that in Texas is is legal to be nude on your own property so long as a reasonable job of not "being all out in public" is made (of course that is all up to the responding officer, if he thinks you haven't done a good job trying to remain from public view he can still cite you).  Of course I'm not using the legal terminology, but I'm sure you can look up and see what you can do as to not get in trouble with the law in terms of nudity in your backyard.

-Felix
AndrewH
historybuff

Scorpio

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »

So today I dug out this old tent that I've had ever since I was little and set it up in the backyard. I used it as a clubhouse back then, but I've had little use for it since; we don't really go camping at all  Roll Eyes. But now that I have it in my backyard, I've got my own private nudist retreat right at home! Now I can lay out, relax, and be nude in my open backyard without worry of being seen by my parents or people who drive by.  Cheesy

blober07
Nude

Aquarius

Portland rocks - no sales tax!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 10:10:33 PM »

That's fantastic - I would have never though to use a tent!  You should market that idea as a new product: "Nudist Tents - It's like a nudist retreat in your own back yard!"
AndrewH
historybuff

Scorpio

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »

That's fantastic - I would have never though to use a tent!  You should market that idea as a new product: "Nudist Tents - It's like a nudist retreat in your own back yard!"

There you have it! To any aspiring nudist out there,

Do you live in a house where you're unable to be nude in your own backyard because of a lack of privacy? Do you own your own tent? Well look no further! Now you can have your own nudist resort in your own backyard!

Time needed: a few minutes to a few hours, depending on tent size
Supplies needed: a tent, plenty of sunshine, and absolutely NO clothes!  Cheesy

I4Ree
livin' as free as can be
Nude

Aquarius

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 03:48:52 AM »

Just do it!

Most people won't do anything.

Wicked world we live in.
rc
100% Nude & Natural

Virgo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 01:39:12 AM »

just do what you feel is right and maybe scout out your background low areas you should avoid etc
mike345
Nude

Aquarius

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 04:12:50 AM »

I love backyard nudity, but I've been relegated to nighttime recreation, since my neighbors can see into my yard.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: